BG Design Studio

Friday, November 18, 2011

Made For Each Other: Yellow & Grey


Photo courtesy of Andrea Hubell.
I am completely obsessed with yellow and grey. I don’t know what it is about those two colors but they just make me so happy! And when I see them paired together in a wedding color scheme I start to feel a little giddy. Yellow is bright, cheerful, warm and open; and grey is cool, chic, stylish and soft. They balance each other out perfectly and (in my humble opinion) are everything a wedding should be.

So it’s no surprise that when I began surfing the internet today for blog inspiration I found myself gravitating towards all of the pictures of the yellow and grey weddings I found. Pretty soon I was saving all of them, more and more excited by each one that I discovered. A dress from one, a corsage from another, a table setting from somewhere else, and pretty soon I had a whole collection of yellow and grey goodness. After drooling over so many photos, I feel like I’m floating in a sea of lemon cookies. Or something like that. :)

Photo courtesy of Caroline Tran.

Photo courtesy of Caroline Tran.
But really though… do you not want to just jump for joy when you see these photos? There are so many fun and creative ideas of different ways to use yellow and grey that I just get so excited. In fact, after a while I had to tell myself to put the mouse down and step away from the computer. I just couldn’t seem to stop!

I mean, look at this photo of the yellow bridesmaid dresses with the grey boots!!! Does this not make the cowgirl in you want to hog-tie your man and marry him all over again, just to have a wedding with these colors!? And the photo of all the groomsmen skateboarding in their grey suits just about made me lose it.

Photo courtesy of Buffy Dekmar.

Photo Courtesy of Daniel Kiyoi Photography.

Photo Courtesy of Daniel Kiyoi Photography.

Photo courtesy of Caroline Tran.

Photo courtesy of Caroline Tran.


Photo courtesy of onelove photography.

Photo courtesy of onelove photography.

Photo courtesy of Jagger Photography.

Photo courtesy of Jagger Photography.

Photo courtesy of Jagger Photography.

Photo courtesy of Stephanie Williams.

Okay, I need to go calm down now… anyone have any lemon cookies!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment