BG Design Studio

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Loving What We Do

I absolutely love what I do, there’s no doubt about it. It really is a dream job, being a wife and a mother and at the same time pursuing my passion for pattern, paper and color. Even though it's not always easy (there are bumps in any road) I feel so lucky to be on the road that I’m on! Especially when exciting things happen, like right now. BG is expanding to new office space!! I couldn’t be more excited, and of course I had to share with you, beloved blog reader. It’s always a thrill when hard work and passion pay off and you get to take another big leap forward.

You know, I read something recently on the Envelopments blog – our paper good supplier, and it really struck a chord within me. Deborah Hefter said so eloquently what we BG Girls feel as designers, that I don’t think it’s possible for me to say it any better. So even though I don’t usually break out the quotes, I just had to on this one! It was TOO perfect not to. Every time I read this, I get all warm and fuzzy inside, right down to the tips of my toes.

“As invitation designers we are continuously in the habit of falling in love. A new font makes us swoon; a new pattern can cause our heart to skip a beat, while new colors and textures can make us tipsy. We daydream of pairing stock with type, color and texture. We are hunters and gatherers, always looking for the next meal.

And while we can be fiercely loyal and committed in every other way, you could say that in our own sumptuous world where inspiration is always on tap, we are happily and unequivocally “paper ho’s”;  we love ‘em and leave ‘em and love ‘em again.” 

-- Deborah Hefter (Read original blog post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment